The Problem: How many taxi
licences are needed
The Solution: Hara Associates Taxi Demand Model
appropriate number of licences to serve the community is at the heart of
many problems facing taxicab regulators. The Taxi Demand Model was
developed in answer to this need. It provides a powerful analytical tool
for the regulator, as well as a means of reviewing required numbers on a
The Taxi Demand Model is much more than a ratio of taxis to
- ratio of commuters to population
- low-income population
- cost of private vehicle operation
- taxi fare
This is a demand responsive model:
- Constructed using advanced statistical techniques.
- Based on a cross-section of cities with different characteristics.
- Using objective data from public sources.
- Producing statistically valid estimates.
The model is intended as a complement for local consultation and
Hara Associates ● (613) 722-5528 ● firstname.lastname@example.org ● 166 Glebe Avenue, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1S 2C5